Saturday, January 19, 2008

Breaking the code

Why do I wear this stuff? This is the question that has always bothered me.

When I had a column in my high school paper, my first effort was about facing the meaning of the clothes I put on in the morning. I went to a private school and the preppy wave was hitting full force. Some other people at my school looked a particular way. The look was effortless, or so it appeared.

I knew I didn't look like these people, and I knew that I would not marry any of them, or marry at all for that matter. But I could dress like them, or try to. My ambivalence about this aspiration was good for a column then.

My look has evolved with my sense of my self, but the deep interest in men's clothing remains. Lately, I've been writing more about it for places like the New York Sun and the blog at men.style.com. I continue to seek more outlets (yes, I am for sale) but Schloff Show is a place where I can write for myself, and for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home