Monday, January 21, 2008

What have I done [part II]

I’ve also written a great deal on theater, most frequently lately for American Theatre magazine. I got a grant to write for them in the late 90s, but the relationship was reborn in 2003 when at the end of a four month stay in Mexico City, I found several shows that were coming soon to New York City for the Mexico Now festival. AT hadn’t covered Mexico in many years, so they took the bait. You can read my article here. Since then, many articles have been in the Spanish language or Latino area, including pieces on Pregones theater in the Bronx, Luis Valdez, and TeatroStageFest impresaria Susana Tubert and the Buenos Aires in Translation shows produced by Shoshana Polanco at PS122 late last year. Outside of this area, I’ve interviewed Jeff Daniels on his Purple Rose theater in Michigan, and legendary lesbian novelist Ann Bannon on the stage version of her Beebo Brinker novels – a production now transferring to Off-Broadway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home